Hey! Are you enjoying this series on how to prepare for your senior pictures? I hope you are finding it helpful and that when it comes time for your session that you are more than prepared and ready to rock and roll! In case you have missed any of the sessions, they are linked at the bottom of this post so as soon as you are done reading this, you can go see all of the other ones!
Today we are going to talk about what to bring to your session. If you do your session with me (LiLo Photography), these are the things I highly recommend you bring to make your 90 minute session flow easily and make our time efficient so we can get tons of great pictures!
- Mom/Dad. You need someone to help you feel comfortable, pay the bill (although that is usually done ahead of time) and most importantly carry all of your stuff!! They are also great at making you laugh and helping to achieve a great and genuine smile. ***Moms/Dads, I usually like to get a picture of you with your senior, so you might want to keep that in mind when preparing for the session.
- A friend/sibling. Again, it is nice to have someone along who knows you well and knows just what to say to make you laugh and smile. They are great for giving you encouragement and making you feel confident that the pictures look great. We can also get a few shots of you together!
- WATER. Often we walk quite a distance during the session and when you are thirsty it makes you cranky. Trust me, it will come in handy.
- Girls: Makeup/lipstick to touch up if needed (especially if it is hot outside and you are sweating).
- Clothes. You are unlimited in your outfit choices when you work with me, however I recommend that you bring 3 outfits and then you can bring accessories to go with each outfit to mix it up and make more of a variety. Bring more than you need!! I am happy to help narrow down your choices when you arrive (or ahead of time via email or text). If you need more information on what to wear, check out my last post.
- Props. Remember the blog on what makes you unique? Bring what makes you special! Uniforms, jerseys, instruments, sports equipment, hats, favorite blanket, special dresses….bring them all! I want to make your senior pictures look like you and no one else. Maddie even brought a bunch of balloons for her session. It was so cute! If you need some ideas on how to spice up your session, Pinterest has some great ideas!!
- Bags. It is nice to keep everything separate so you can find it quickly and easily when it comes time to change. Perhaps Ziploc bags with accessories for each outfit. Grocery bags with shoes in them. Makeup bags. Garment bags for clothes (especially for your dressy outfits/suits). I usually bring my wagon to help schlep everything around, but it is nice to have a way to carry it all if needed. We usually will walk away from the car and not come back so you want to make sure you (or your Sherpa) have a way to carry things if needed.
- Your smile. So cheesy right?! But seriously make sure you are well rested, well hydrated and confident.
Next up, I am going to give you a checklist of what to do in the weeks and days leading up to your session. So stay tuned next week for that!
Other blogs in this series:
Remember…..until May 31st you get $50 off of your $400 session. Make sure you book early and start the process to save some money!